Followers

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Get up! Get Going! Go Out!

The bout with bronchitis is almost over so I went outdoors today to wander around the back of the cabin. Back on July 3 when we first arrived home I spotted a wild mullein growing up on the bank. There has never been one there before. We really don't want them there either! I'll cut it down just before it goes to seed. However, a progress report is here now.

Back on July 3, when we first arrived back from the south where I saw my first one up close, I took this photo of mine. (The southern one's story is here: Mullein down South)

click on image to view larger

Today, 16 days later, it continues to reach for the sun. It is not nearly as pretty as the southern one.



THEN! I saw wild sweet peas too! They were never there. I know because it is the view through my bathroom window.  How nice it is to have volunteer flowers to enjoy.



3 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better! Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of Bud's favorites...the sweet pea.
    I too have had a severe bout with Bronchitis and on top of it an infected incision where I had a mole removed....it's been a grueling two weeks.

    Love the nature shots today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of wild sweet peas. All night parties I suppose. Did you ever have to call the cops on them? Please excuse my sophomoric attempts at humor.

    ReplyDelete