Followers

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Thursday Finds...

Next year I plan to grow these beauties. I was experimenting shooting into the sun and two photos are backlit. There are very few flowers in bloom now, but I do see some Angel Trumpet buds on a couple of plants in the park. I'm waiting for a small patch of sunflowers to pop open. Today, as I rode past the sunflower patch, the owner was out raking and I had a short chat with him. It seems that he didn't plant the sunflowers but they grew from the mulch he put around them. He is also waiting for an event of sunflowers in October. They are very late, we think due to being in the mulch until it was spread. We'll know what variety they are soon.

I was admiring a neighbor's tea roses this summer, but there were too many people around and she wasn't at home so I didn't take pictures. Today she was at home and she said she can't buy them any more at her favorite garden center so I looked to see if I could find a source and did. The pictures here are not mine. They are called Rio Samba and start out yellow then the edges turn pink, then it slowly turns orange, then a pinkish red. What a show it puts out for rose lovers. It is named after the Samba dancers at the Carnival in Rio.

 click on photo to view larger
Dahlia



Sunflower Bud


Rio Samba



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers!!!! Love the pink dahlias especially.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful flowers. I know little about gardening but my landlords have wonderful plants and flowers all over the property.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flowers. Especially the sunflower bud looks so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete