Followers

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Three Months Later..


Some of us remember my mystery bean story and the last installment was posted on April 28, 2013.
click on link to refresh memory Bean Moving Day
Now, I won't bore you with another dragged-out lengthy story, BUT...

Something wonderful has happened after something sad had happened. You see, it snowed here the very day after we left and bean #1 died. A neighbor had promised to water it once in a while, but she looked at it after the snow, and it was dead. Dead! d... e... a... d.

On July 6, when we returned from being away for two months, a new bean sprout popped up in the SAME POT that the first one grew from during the month of April. 

I had planted three. When only one sprouted, I assumed the other two were not going to germinate. The first bean was grown in the house. 
The 2nd one came out of hiding in the very same pot exactly 3 months later and is flourishing.  Yippee!

I had taken the pot back out of the ground and set it in the carport. When I went to empty it I saw the sprout. It is now three weeks old and, hopefully, will live to produce - outdoors. Lessons learned: Nature knows best. Don't plant bean seeds in the house in April.
#2



2 comments:

  1. Wasn't that a nice surprise??? It's like when my flowers come back from seed from the year before. I am always so surprised and so happy about it! And I'm happy for your bean plant and you!! Can't wait to see it grow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad always had a garden. I remember him growing beans, string beans, tomatoes, peppers, etc. I even remember there being water melons a couple of times. They were smallish but boy were they good!

    ReplyDelete